Wonderstorm is a double threat media studio that creates timeless animated TV series and engaging video games that anchor our entertainment franchises.
Our first franchise, the Emmy Award-winning The Dragon Prince, began as an original animated series on Netflix in 2018. All three seasons have been a Top 10 digital original and are rated 100% fresh on Rotten Tomatoes. The series was recently picked up for four additional seasons. A world-class video game for The Dragon Prince is under development by the same creative team.
Wonderstorm is a place where creators work with visionary teams to do meaningful work that will last for generations.
What you will do...
- Create beautiful 3D environment and level assets that are of the highest artistic quality and that serve the game’s design pillars
- Work with the Art Director, Environment Lead, and other artists to maintain the artistic style and ensure a unified look and consistent quality across game environments
- Collaborate with art, design, and engineering departments to implement extraordinary level visuals across modeling, texturing, and VFX
- Actively contribute to the growth of a startup studio. Lead by example, including demonstrating a willingness to give and receive feedback, collaborate with others to share techniques and ideas, and contribute to a collaborative working environment
- 3+ years in an Environment Artist role
- Proven track record in at least one shipped title (preferably AAA)
- Mastery of relevant software packages such as Maya, Blender, Substance Painter, Zbrush, Unreal 4, etc.
- Strong traditional fine art skills, training, and production experience (illustration, painting, organic forms, color theory, perspective, 2D & 3D design)
- Strong understanding of color and light
- Ability to work with a high degree of self-direction and motivation
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Creative, collaborative nature with strong problem solving skills
Wonderstorm Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.